Plum Voice's comprehensive documentation of IVR concepts, topics, and terminology.
| k | l
| x | y | z
Click one of the letters above to be taken to a page of all terms beginning with that letter.
- The data element allows a VoiceXML application to fetch arbitrary XML data from a document server without transitioning to a new VoiceXML document. Read more...
- Data Attribute
- A data attribute is a specific characteristic or describing occurrence that you can program into a data application. Read more...
- Data Linking Layer
- In network architecture, the data layer is layer two in the seven-layer structure. Read more...
- An organized collection of data that allows for fast storage, retrieval, and deletion. They are also known as a data bank. Databases use various languages like SQL to interact with applications attempting to modify the database. Read more...
- The datafetchhint property tells the interpreter whether XML data files may be prefetched. Read more...
- The datamaxage tells the platform the maximum acceptable age, in seconds, of cached data documents. Read more...
- The datamaxstale property tells the platform the maximum acceptable staleness, in seconds, of expired cached data documents. Read more...
- Demographics are statistics that describe and define a population. Read more...
- DID stands for direct inward dialing and is a feature that is offered to PBX system users by telephone companies. Read more...
- Disaster Recovery
- Within telecommunications, disaster recovery refers to the process, policies, and procedures put in to place in the event of a system failure (either natural or human-induced). Read more...
- The disconnect element is used to disconnect a specific call leg in a VoiceXML document. Read more...
- DNIS stands for Dialed Number Identification Service. It is the number that the caller dialed. The DNIS, along with the ANI, are delivered to the IVR by the telco carrier for every phone call. Read more...
- Document Object Model
- The documentfetchhint tells the platform whether or not documents may be pre-fetched. Read more...
- The documentmaxage property tells the platform the maximum acceptable age, in seconds, of cached documents. Read more...
- The documentmaxstale property tells the platform the maximum acceptable staleness, in seconds, of expired cached documents. Read more...
- An abbreviation for Document Object Model.
- Domain Name System (DNS)
- A domain name system is an online distributed database system that translates domain names into numerical values that are then readable by networking equipment for the purpose of locating and addressing devices worldwide. Read more...
- In computer terms, download is used as a verb and it indicates that one system is receiving data from another. Read more...
- Dual-Tone Multi-Frequency is a standard that defines the tones generated when pressing keys on your telephone keypad. Read more...
- DTMF Grammar
- VoiceXML can be programmed to detect caller input through the use of Dual Tone Multi-Frequency (DTMF) grammars. DTMF is the system used by the public switched telephone network (PTSN) to recognize tones produced by a telephone keypad. Read more...