Plum Voice's comprehensive documentation of IVR concepts, topics, and terminology.
| k | l
| x | y | z
Click one of the letters above to be taken to a page of all terms beginning with that letter.
- The else element is used in conjunction with the if tag. Read more...
- The else if element is used to specify additional content when all other else or if statements have evaluated to false. Read more...
- An EMBED is a VoiceXML element that is used to embed content into a voice application. Read more...
- The emphasis element allows developers to specify the level or stress of spoken words enclosed in the emphasis element. Read more...
- In a telecommunications system, the term, encode, refers to the conversion of data by the use of code, which typically consists of binary numbers. Read more...
- The enumerate element is used to read a list of menu choices to a caller, using either TTS or a user-defined audio file. Read more...
- Error Handling
- The ability to prepare, find, and fix any errors that may be located within a website or application. Read more...
- Event Handler
- The subroutine called to handle inputs by a user or system. Also known as 'listeners'. Read more...
- The exit element returns control to the interpreter context that determines what to do next. Read more...
- External Grammar
- An external grammar is an element of grammar that is defined in a file separate from the VXML application file. The grammar is defined in a separate external file and then is incorporated back into the VXML document through referencing. Read more...