Plum Voice's comprehensive documentation of IVR concepts, topics, and terminology.
| k | l
| x | y | z
Click one of the letters above to be taken to a page of all terms beginning with that letter.
- Launched in 2004, Facebook is a social media service that allows users to create a personal profile and then connect with other users by adding them as friends on the site. Read more...
- Fault Tolerance
- Within telecommunications, fault tolerance is an operational design that enables some components of a system to remain functional, even after others fail. Read more...
- Federal Communications Commission
- The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is a U.S. government board that consists of five presidential appointees who are tasked with regulating all national telecommunications, as well as regulating international communications that either originate or terminate within the United States. Read more...
- This property indicates the URI of the audio while waiting for a document to be fetched. Read more...
- Fetchaudiodelay indicates the time interval to wait at the start of a fetch delay before playing the fetchaudio source. Read more...
- The fetchaudiominimum specifies the minimum time interval to play a fetchaudio source, once started, even if the fetch result arrives in the meantime. Read more...
- The interval to wait for the content to be returned before throwing an error.badfetch event. Read more...
- In a VoiceXML application, field specifies an input item to be gathered from the user. Read more...
- Abbreviated as FIFO and FILO, first-in first-out and first-in last-out are concepts in telecommunications that apply to communication bridges, switches, routers, and computer networks. Read more...
- Filled Block
- In VoiceXML, a filled block is an element of coding language that allows the developer to properly execute an application. Read more...
- Flash Player
- The Adobe Flash Player is software that is used for viewing animated graphics (on websites) and movies (embedded in to websites) using computer programs like web browsers. Read more...
- Focus Group
- A focus group is a form of qualitative research in which groups of people are assembled and researchers ask about their perceptions, opinions, beliefs, and attitudes regarding a product, service or other aspect of branding. Read more...
- The foreach element allows a VoiceXML application to iterate through an ECMAScript array and to execute the content contained within the foreach element for each item in the array. Read more...
- Forms are the key components of VoiceXML documents. A form contains a set of form items, which are elements that are visited in the main loop of the form interpretation algorithm. Read more...
- Form Interpretation Algorithm
- The form interpretation algorithm (FIA) drives the interaction between the user and a VoiceXML form or menu. Read more...