Plum Voice's comprehensive documentation of IVR concepts, topics, and terminology.
| k | l
| x | y | z
Click one of the letters above to be taken to a page of all terms beginning with that letter.
- If Conditional
- Used to express branching based on specific criteria. The most common use of this would be If-Then-Else. If the condition evaluates to true the application then the application runs another set of code. Else implies that the condition evaluated to false and runs a different set of code. Read more...
- The incompletetimeout property gets or sets the duration of silence at the end of an utterance, after which a recognition is considered finished. Read more...
- In a typical mixed initiative form, the initial element is visited when the user is initially being prompted for form-wide information, and has not yet entered in the directed mode where each field is visited individually. Read more...
- Inline Grammar
- A grammar element specifies a permissible vocabulary for user interaction and an inline grammar is a list of phrases and subgrammars included within the grammar element. Read more...
- Input refers to a point in a device, process, or channel that accepts data communications exchanged between information processing systems and the outside world. Read more...
- The inputmodes property is able to both enable and disable DTMF and voice. Read more...
- In an IVR application, interdigittimeout is the amount of time an application should allow for a user to enter a numeric value of their keypad. Read more...
- Internal Validity
- In survey research, internal validity indicates the rigor with which a study was conducted. Internal validity is the standard criteria against which research results are judged. Read more...
- International Telecommunication Union
- The International Telecommunication Union (or ITU) is a contributing agency to the United Nations that is responsible for drafting and regulating of information and communication technologies. Read more...
- Internet Protocol
- A protocol used for communicating data across a packet-switched internetwork using the Internet Protocol Suite, also referred to as TCP/IP. Read more...
- The term interoperability refers to the ability of technologies or systems to work together in both providing and accepting services from other technologies or systems. Read more...
- An abbreviation for Internet Protocol.
- IP Address
- An Internet Protocol address is a tag attached to every device that performs networking operations on the World Wide Web (ex. computers, printers). Read more...
- An Internet Protocol Private Branch Exchange is a telephone system that is designed to simultaneously deliver voice or video over a data network while operating with the public switched telephone network (PSTN). Read more...
- The iPhone is a line of phones designed and market by Apple Inc. Read more...
- Integrated services digital network, or ISDN, is a set of communications standards that enable simultaneous transmission of data (or other network services) over circuits that are part of the public switched telephone network (PSTN). Read more...
- Items are the fundamental structural units used to configure VoiceXML applications. Read more...