Plum Voice's comprehensive documentation of IVR concepts, topics, and terminology.
| k | l
| x | y | z
Click one of the letters above to be taken to a page of all terms beginning with that letter.
- In computer networking, a packet, or data packet as it is often referred to, is a unit of data that is transmitted and switched to a packet mode computer network. Read more...
- Packet Switching
- In network communications, packet switching is the process of routing and transferring data through preaddressed packets. Read more...
- The paragraph tag tells the TTS engine to change the prosody element to reflect the end of a paragraph, regardless of the surrounding punctuation. Read more...
- The param element is used to specify values that are passed to subdialogs. Read more...
- A private branch exchange (PBX) is a private telecommunications network that serves a specific subscriber (typically a business or office). Read more...
- Phishing is a technique used in attempts to procure information (usernames, passwords and credit card details) from an individual or company using false information and representation when engaging in electronic communication. Read more...
- A phoneme is the smallest segmental unit of sound that can be used to form contrasts between utterances. Read more...
- A scripting language that can be used to generate dynamic VoiceXML and to process and store data on a server; also commonly used for generating dynamic webpages. Read more...
- Physical Layer
- The physical layer is the first (and also the lowest) layer of network architecture in a communications network. Read more...
- The Protect IP Act is a U.S. Senate bill proposed to prevent online threat and theft of intellectual property. Read more...
- Plum IVR Survey
- The Plum Survey Builder is the only tool that lets users create one survey and deploy it over both the phone and Internet. Read more...
- Presentation Layer
- In Network Architecture the presentation layer is layer six of a seven-layer structure that serves as the data translator for the network. Read more...
- Programming Language
- Programming language is simulated speech that is utilized by machines to communicate with other machines, write programs, determine both internal and external behavior, and allows for human-machine communication. Read more...
- The prompt element controls the output of synthesized speech and prerecorded audio in a VXML application. Read more...
- The property element sets a property value, and is used to define any setting which impacts the behavior of the application. Read more...
- Prosody Element
- A prosody element is a feature of VoiceXML that allows developers to control the pitch, contour, range, speaking rate, duration, and volume of an IVR application’s speech output. Read more...
- Proxy Server
- A proxy server is a server that acts as an intermediary for requests from client seeking resources from other servers. Read more...
- The public switched telephone network (or PSTN) is the world’s circuit-switched telephone network that is made up of telephone lines, fiber optic cables, microwave transmission links, cellular networks, communications satellites, and undersea telephone cables. Read more...